The Mobile Lawyer

has been moved to new address

http://www.goseewrite.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

The Mobile Lawyer -- One Lap, No Jetlag: travel times update

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

travel times update

to continue with my random facts about the trip, I've tried to compile some of the transportation facts on the trip. I'm keeping a lot better log of this now, but some of the Central America numbers may be slightly off -- I didn't think about keeping track back there. I tried to reconstruct them with my guidebook last night. Here goes, so far.

Time spent in various modes of transportation so far (not including stuff like walking around town and such -- this is getting from point A to point B):

bus = 329 hours
boat = 48 hours
hiking = 7 hours
donkey = 2 1/2 hours
train = 15 hours

And I think its likely that my South American tattoo is going to be a little one of each of those under my world map. I think.

Total transport hours = 401 1/2 hours = 16.73 days.

bus rides of ten or more hours = 12

chicken bus rides = only 1, but it was a good one.

cool people met on buses that are now Facebook friends = tons. I wish I'd kept track. I'm going to guess 20 or so.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At March 16, 2009 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Napoleon de BsAs said...

You can set up groups on Facebook for when you meet people. For example:

South America 2009

or to be more specific

Columbia 2009
Peru 2009...

You get the picture. It's never too late chico.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home