The Mobile Lawyer

has been moved to new address

http://www.goseewrite.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

The Mobile Lawyer -- One Lap, No Jetlag: Namibia

Friday, April 24, 2009

Namibia

One of the countries that I have been most excited about seeing is Namibia and I arrived early this morning. I took a 20 hour bus ride from Cape Town in the coldest frickin' bus I have yet ridden on. It was so damn cold, I only think I slept about 3 hours or so. I was literally shivering so hard, I couldn't sleep. And yes, I was wearing my fleece, jeans, and wool socks and boots.

I am not sure why I was so excited to come here before my trip. I had only done a little bit of reading about it (mostly about the Namib Desert, which I still am totally excited about -- great pics coming, I hope). I just had a good feeling for this place.

Its one of the only German colonies from the colonial period, where every European power was snapping up land everywhere (Germany tried to make up for this by snapping up a lot of land until the 20th century). It is interesting seeing road signs in German here.

I stayed too long in Cape Town, so I've decided on a whirlwind week here in Namibia. I booked a six day safari starting tomorrow. Three days in Etoshia National Park and three days in the desert. Here's hoping I get my first great shots in Africa.

I might, might be online in the middle of this trip. I think we spend one night at a hostel. Other than that, I'll be camping and off line. Hopefully this time next week, I'll be posting some good pictures for everyone.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home