The Mobile Lawyer

has been moved to new address

http://www.goseewrite.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

The Mobile Lawyer -- One Lap, No Jetlag: Irish Pubs on the Road

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Irish Pubs on the Road

There is an Irish pub in about every city in the world. And I've been to most of them. In Cuzco, Peru, I supposedly went to the "highest" Irish pub in the world. Had a pint in Instanbul. And a few other spots. Sometimes there is no substitute for a good Guinness on the road.

And speaking of which, I've had a pint or two in Rosie's, here in Napier, New Zealand this week and absolutely loved the Guinness poster that was up on the wall there. Supposedly the first national ad for the best beer in the world. The Daily Chronicle from Feb. 7, 1929. And I quote:

"Its Health Giving Value
Guinness builds strong muscles. It enriches the blood. Doctors affirm that Guinness is a valuable restorative after Influenza or other weakening illnesses.

Its Nourishing Properties
Guinness is one of the most nourishing beverages, richer in carbo-hydrates than a glass of milk. That is one reason why it is so good when people are tired or exhausted. Guinness is good for you."

Why yes. Yes, it is. God Bless the Irish.

3 Comments:

At February 2, 2010 at 6:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indubitably!

 
At February 4, 2010 at 7:47 PM , Anonymous Nomadic Chick said...

Waa! I can't get my head around Guinness. I've tried. It just tastes muddy with a dash of coffee. Thus, I accept my fate as a light beer drinker and admire the girth of you G. drinkers.

 
At February 7, 2010 at 12:04 AM , Blogger Go, See, Write said...

Have you tried a Black and Tan?? (50/50 Guinness and another beer)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home